Murder on the Orient Express


Murder on the Orient Express
By Agatha Christie


    What’s the upcoming movie-book adaption??? Murder on the Orient Express!!!!! So, my professor decided that the book for the next semester’s book club will be—Murder on the Orient Express!!!!!! (Oh wait…I haven’t post anything about The Historian for this semester’s book club right? Sorry for that.)  
Never mind that…I’ll do it someday. Now, as a diligent student who hope to persuade her parents to study literature for master and doctor degree, I’ve already read the book in preparation for the upcoming semester. (All those diligent stuff are just nonsense…XDD I’m a lazy student who happens to get all A for “literature” courses.) Back to the book, I’m not really used to read this type of book, detectives and murders. I’m not afraid of dark…but I will be terrified after reading those book. However, to my astonishment…I didn’t feel that at all. Does that make this a bad book? Apparently not. I was rather shock that I really love this book and I can’t wait for the upcoming book club!!!!her editions

En
The famous Orient Express, thundering along on its three days' journey across Europe, came to a sudden stop in the night. Snowdrifts blocked the line at a desolate spot somewhere in the Balkans. Everything was deathly quiet. "Decidedly I suffer from the nerves," murmured Hercule Poirot, and fell asleep again. He awoke to find himself very much wanted. For in the night murd The famous Orient Express, thundering along on its three days' journey across Europe, came to a sudden stop in the night. Snowdrifts blocked the line at a desolate spot somewhere in the Balkans. Everything was deathly quiet. "Decidedly I suffer from the nerves," murmured Hercule Poirot, and fell asleep again. He awoke to find himself very much wanted. For in the night murder had been committed. Mr. Ratchett, an American millionaire, was found lying dead in his berth—stabbed. The untrodden snow around the train proved that the murderer was still on board. Poirot investigates. He lies back and thinks—with his little grey cells. . . .
The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.

    Like I said before, I don’t usually read this type of genre…so no matter how much I like this book and Agatha Christie’s writing…I think I’ll stop reading the series. But, no matter what, let’s face the truth. This book is incredible…I’ll never imagine the outcome like this. I’d imagine that someone else be the genius murderer…but never like this. Piles and piles of lies within the passagers…and that’s WOW. After reading till the last pages…all my mind was fxxk fxxk fxxk fxxk, (Please repeat a thousand time by yourselves…or if you happen to see my story on Instagram…you’ll know how many.) 
 The scheme was manage so well that it’s unimaginable. Although…there is a bug that I’m really concern of. If they know that the murder hasn’t left the train, why did they ask for Hercule Poirot’s help? It’s highly possible that he is the murder!!!! Yet…it won’t be fun if he is, right? So…I don’t know…that is my only disappointment on this book. Oh, and other thing…all those French sentences are annoying. WHY??? I HAVEN’T LEARN FRENCH YET!!!!!

 If you confront anyone who has lied with the truth, he will usually admit it - often out of sheer surprise. It is only necessary to guess right to produce your effect.

    However, I can say that Agatha Christie is definitely a master of lies. I can hardly imagine all those authors that write books like this has a normal mind. Such a well scheme!!! Those entwined lies, and everything that was weaved into the plan. It’s sooooo creepy. I shiver so much at the thought of it. 
 Whenever Poirot was interrogate one of the passengers, the talk leaves us with some of the clues, obvious clues that lead the reader into believing your own ideas. However, when we put all those impossibly obvious clues together and come to our own solution, the book turns into another way. Then…since one of the greatest pleasure of reading detective novel is making our own suspect as well, we return and think again, think of the alternative and other little tiny clues that might be left out by us. But…here comes the big and huge BUT. 
 Murder on the Orient Express turns back to our original believing yet more and more confusing. I’m like, “what the…” how can thing turn out like this??? Especially the ending…I need to repeat. THE ENDING!!!!!!! THAT’ S HORRIBLY GENIUS!!!!!!

 “What's wrong with my proposition?" Poirot rose. "If you will forgive me for being personal-I do not like your face, M. Ratchett.”

    It’s kind of hard for me to describe how are the characters, since to me, the entire novel is based on lies and words. The personalities of the characters are not as important as some detective novels or YA. So…I’m not going to say much about that. but here are a part of the novel I love so much is the interaction between Poirot and Ratchett. Sarcasm.

But I know human nature, my friend, and I tell you that, suddenly confronted with the possibility of being tried for murder, the most innocent person will lose his head and do the most absurd things.

   Murder of the Orient Express is a great play on human nature and carefully organized plot. There is no other way that this book can be described. Now…I’m so ready for the upcoming movie!!!!! I’m 100% sure that I’m definitely going to watch this movie…and I can hardly imagine how this will turn out. Because to be honest…I’ve never seen a movie-book adaptive detective novel before, not even Sherlock Homes…so…don’t punch me…I’m so ready for the great case of Murder on the Orient Express!!!!!

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement