The Perilous Sea (The Element Trilogy 2)

The Perilous Sea
By Sherry Thomas
Every story must have such a terrible moment, or it wouldn't be interesting.

     God save my life…the ending…I’m speechless.

 I love this book…I love the ending…I love the entire relationship…I love the world setting…I love reading. I can feel water gathering in my eyes while I’m reading this book…my heart ache…my mind stop functioning. Gosh…this is the best series I’ve ever read since I finish Lord of Shadows. All hail His Serene Highness, the Master of the Domain. All hail the greatest elemental mage of her generation, Iolanthe Seabourne!!!!! You’re about to witness an epic romance and an epic journey and an epic academic life.  
After spending the summer away from each other, Titus and Iolanthe (still disguised as Archer Fairfax) are eager to return to Eton College to resume their training to fight the Bane. Although no longer bound to Titus by a blood oath, Iolanthe is more committed than ever to fulfilling her destiny—especially with the agents of Atlantis quickly closing in.
Soon after arriving at school, though, Titus makes a shocking discovery, one that makes him question everything he previously believed about their mission. Faced with this devastating realization, Iolanthe is forced to come to terms with her new role, while Titus must choose between following his mother's prophecies—and forging a divergent path to an unknowable future. 

You might be the scariest girl I've ever met," he told her.
"Let's not be dramatic," she said drily. "I'm the only girl you can remember ever meeting.

    It’s quite a torture to sit here typing, rather than rush toward my third book and read it throughout the night. I got them at the same time…same thing happened when I’m reading throughout the book. But…I’d manage that. (Although I did spoil myself the ending…and I think I’ll be satisfied.) So the book begins with a girl, barley remember who she is, alone in the desert. With only a name card of A.G. Farifox. Yes, she is our beloved Iola as you might guess, with a note address to “my eternity.” I’d tell you, I’m not swooning. I’m not laughing so loud in my room…since there are quite a few remarkable scenes during this book that you’ll totally laugh yourselves to death. And then, after the first chapter of forgetting who she is, the story went back to seven weeks earlier, which brought us toward Titus. So after that, the book itself keeps switching from the desert scene and London, Eton College. To be honest, I usually hate this kind of setting…I hate being interrupt and switching from scenes to scenes. However, I must confess, the book is well organize that I didn’t feel the slightest pain of forcing to cross the scenes. In fact, I quite enjoy how this was going on. Unlike some books that bring two stories irrelevant and eventually connected them with some sort of events, the two different time and place setting all happened to be for the same people…so I guess that somehow ease my nerve of reading through different setting. God knows how much I hate reading a completely different character going on the story while reading the original one. That usually means that the new characters might has a high chance to be abandon by me. But…in The Perilous Sea? None.

 
“Fortune favors the brave.”
Another moment of silence. And then, Iolanthe found herself shouting at the top of her lungs, her voice nearly drowned by the bellow of all the rebels present, “And the brave make their own fortune!”
    Iola really grows into a fearsome character in this book…I love her. she isn’t perfect…but…gosh…she and Titus makes such a nice pair!!!

 And there are several heart-winching scenes between them as well…my tears. OMG. Above the summery, you can know that Titus begins to question whether the prophecy by her mother is real…or that whether Iola is exactly the person to be “the chosen one.” So without the doubt, when a certain event happens, Titus revealed this to Iola and she was angry. She was angry because…I don’t actually understand why…I think neither does she. But I think she was angry because that Titus decided to…sort of abandon her. Not that he didn’t love her…just…complicated? So there is quite a fight between them during the middle of the story. Never mind…the love birds eventually get back together and I’m happy that both of them come to their senses. It’s fine to make mistakes, don’t you think?
He put his hand over hers. "Am I a coward?"
"Because you are afraid? No. Only fools are never afraid.”
There is no denying that they truly care for others…so…Iola still support him, no matter what. And, there is quite a moment when they are in Paris you can realize how much Titus cares for Iola. Her future, her safety, even those around her. It’s in incredible. My eyes are full of tears when I’m reading through that part…because not only Iola doesn’t know how to express herself, neither can I. Oh! By the way, there are going to find some unexpected truth and not all of it is comfortable. Yet bear in mind…they’ll always have each other.


I see you are still determined to not listen to me about not venturing abroad after lights-out.'
She sat down across from him at the worktable. 'I never listen to you when I know enough to make up my own mind.
    I love all the plot twists inside this book. they’re all unexpectedly good!!!! I’m almost overwhelmed by all those surprises. I can never predict what will happen next…just as they said; every hour is changing…and this book? Every page is twisting. I love those unlikely enemy turns out to be one of their supporters…not exactly the supporters, but they share the same goals. And there are so many schemes and so many secrets inside the book that it’s not merely a war raging or chasing after the chosen one. It’s about all the secret that might lie behind and all the possibilities come with it.
The entire point of life was the ability to make one’s own choices. Foreknowledge of anything—especially the circular kind, such as Kashkari’s presence at Eton because he’d dreamed of it—was terribly limiting and ran counter to the concept of free will.
Gosh…I love this quote. I love the moment when Titus realize the complicated part of the prophecy. In fact, that is also the same question I’ve been asking whenever I read through time-traveling novels…and exactly the reason why it has been a pain in my head. But not in this quote…you might want to read it yourselves through the book!
 
    I’d definitely recommend this book, or series to all of you. There is no way that I’ll stop you guys from reading this book. Although the beginning of the book might seems a little bit slow pace…or there might be some moments that you consider this an reflection of Harry Potter. It has its own perfect unique, and there is no way that I’ll compare it to Harry Potter...despite the fact that they’re all great series. The pace of the book will go faster and faster, especially the ending…it’s so heart broken and thrilling that I cannot find a moment to dislike it. It’s worth waiting to read even a thousand slow pages before just to reach the end. And now…I’m leaving you with the great anticipation of reading this book…because I’m about to devour the final.
 
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

http://viviansbookpavilion.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-burning-sky-element-trilogy-1.html





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement