Ranger’s Apprentice The Early Years: The Battle of Hackham Heath

Ranger’s Apprentice The Early Years: The Battle of Hackham Heath
By John Flanagan
 
    Yeah!! I’ve finally read this book!!!! Congrats to me!!! I actually bought it last year, as soon as it was released. But…I didn’t read it until now. What am I waiting? Like…I don’t know…I realize that my reading process is rather slow during the semester…although I haven’t had a lot of work to do. (Wait…like hell I don’t have works to do…I’ve tons!) Now…I’ve loved Halt and Crowley, and i especially love how John Flanagan put all those character we love inside the book!!!! Oh! And there is a good thing about the prequel of this series…cause you know nothing will happen to your beloved characters.
 
When the former Baron Morgarath escaped to avoid punishment for treason, an uneasy peace fell on Araluen. But Morgarath, now in hiding, is already planning his next move, recruiting an army of savage, overpowering beasts known as Wargals. Newly crowned King Duncan knows he must assemble his troops for battle.
To find out the full extent of Morgarath’s plan of attack, Halt prepares for a seemingly impossible task--climbing the deadly cliffs of the Mountains of Rain and Night and venturing deep into enemy territory to spy. After all, the winner of this war could be determined by one wrong move.
At the Battle of Hackham Heath, the fate of a Kingdom will be decided. This origin story of how Halt came to be Araluen’s most famous Ranger – and how war will decide the future of the next generation – will thrill Ranger’s Apprentice fans and new readers alike.
 
    The legendary Halt…and Crowley. Love that. The funny thing is that the son of the battle master was brought in this book as well!!!!! David’s son! Guess who he is???? Indeed Gilan! OMG…it’s so cute to read him as a twelve-year-old boy, with an extraordinary sword skill. Perfect. But…I didn’t realize this Gilan, was in fact that Gilan in the original Ranger’s Apprentice series. How stupid of me. Yet, throughout the entire book, Halt has been saying “oh! I’m not going to have an apprentice!!! No!!! That is simply impossible! I love to be alone!” especially to Gilan. Guess what? Guess What?
 I love that…it’s so funny.
    So about this book, it’s still the funny and thrilling series we used to know. And…since John Flanagan has an extreme unique way of writing…his books are usually under a certain kind of quality. You won’t face something so horrible, and uncertain quality of book. And I especially love that, just in the case that they seem all the same. However, after reading so many, you’ll still love The Battle of Hackham Heath…I guess I just can’t deny that I love to read the story of the characters from the original series. I’d love to read the third book during the time when Gilan became Halt’s student. Although I guess that will be quite similar to Will’s. Who knows? But the book we love and we know will always remain funny and easy read. And that’s what I love most about this book. The friendship, the courage, the fun inside (Halt and Pauline, for example), it all makes this book worth reading.
    Btw, Will is here!!!! Will is here!!!! Will and Cassandra is here!!!!!

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement