Rebel of the Sands


Rebel of the Sands

By Alwyn Hamilton

 

  They say she’ll always be more gunpowder than girl. The desert has other plans.

  Why didn’t I read this book earlier??? It’s fantastic!!! The world setting, the characters, the adventures, the fight, everything. I was literately crying and laughing throughout the entire book. So much torture and emotions when reading through Amani’s journey. Oh…and Jin, my dear, dear Jin.
 No…I’m not kidding. He just jumped out from the pages and destroy me. I’m not whole anymore, and I can’t believe Amani can act so strong after…after…I just burst into tears, crying so hard.

 

  Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mythical beasts still roam the wild and remote areas, and rumor has it that somewhere, dijinn still perform their magic. For humans, it’s an unforgiving place, especially if you’re poor, orphaned, or female.

  Amani Al’Hiza is all three. She’s a gifted gunslinger with perfect aim, but she can’t shoot her way out of Dustwalk, the backcountry town where she’s destined to wind up wed or dead.

  The she meets Jin, a rakish foreigner, in a shooting contest, and sees him as the perfect escape route. But though she’s spent years dreaming of leaving Dustwalk, she never imagined she’d gallop away on a mythical horse—or that it would take a foreign fugitive to show her the heart of the desert she thought she knew.

 

  Oh my god…this book just blown my mind. Amani is everything a protagonist shouldn’t suppose to be—she is selfish, an oath breaker, reckless, acting somehow like an idiot…but she is fearless. Fearless. And it was all that matter.
 How can you not love her? Her imperfect makes her so perfectly awesome. She is one of the only characters that I’ve ever read dared to give up her friends and saved herself. Did I approve that? I don’t. But that’s humanity. Everyone isn’t so noble all the time, and Amani showed us, even in a way we hadn’t expected.

Tell me that and we'll go. Right now. Save ourselves and leave this place to burn. Tell me that's how you want your story to go and we'll write it straight across the sand.

  All Amani knew was about saving herself, from the soldiers, from the General…but than we saw her changing. She’s still selfish, definitely, or reckless…but I reckon every protagonist has recklessness in them. I can’t count how many mistake she’d make throughout the entire book, abandoning her best friend, her companions…and all those things she shouldn’t have done. But oh yes, she did it…and I still love her. She is the sassiest characters of all time, no one will place the first if she declared the second.
 However…when you saw her shooting…you can’t help but wonder how such creature can exist. She was born to be great…and that’s all we need to know. She was defensible in all way…no matter with guns or without guns…perhaps only…

 

“You’re a charmer, anyone told you that?”

“They have, actually, but usually they say it without rolling their eyes.”

  Jin…finally my Jin. After reading Rebel of the Sands and The End of Oz…I finally faced the truth that I can never find a boyfriend if I kept reading…it’s just impossible. How can you even fall in love when your heart is on some boys that exist in books? And they’re just so perfect!!!!!
 And seriously, not just “him,” but them. I tried to count all my bookish boyfriends…of course, No. 1 remains Rhysand. Yet…with more and more books I read, now Jin was added as well…the list is almost out of control as my TBR list. It’s just insane. I’m still swooning over Jin and Amani…although I really, really, extremely want to punch Jin into his face for lying. Wait…what?! Don’t your mom tell you not to trust a stranger, although he saved your life? But that is definitely too much to bear. My tears just kept falling when I was reading the last part of the book…but still…swooning and smiling like an idiot as I always do.
 My life just complete with books…how on earth do I need a boyfriend when so many in front of me? “Still feeling immortal, Bandit?” How can she? With Jin standing in front of her?

 

A new dawn. A new desert.

And tomorrow the sun would rise on the first day of a new desert.

  There is no way that anyone can deny Alwyn Hamilton is one of the greatest plot twister…the plot twist just keep coming and coming…even though I also guess two of the biggest hint of the characters’ identity at the beginning of the book and throughout the book. However…that doesn’t affect anything at all. The book is still great, and the plot twist is still one of the best. When Sarah J Maas created words that haunted you…Alwyn Hamilton and Danielle Paige just created plot twists that stop your breath. And I love that. I definitely love that. I’m dying for the plot twists.
 You can never expect what will come next…and where is my Traitor of the Throne??? I need that book immediately!!!! I NEED TO BURN MYSELF INTO FIRE AND ASHES!!!! I extremely love Persian culture and especially in books!!!! That’s so uncommon in YA genre, and is it a retelling? No, not at all…perhaps a bit magic from Aladdin, but aside from that, it’s definitely original. I love how the Persian culture smartly weaves into the setting and the society…and how it affected the characters. And finally, to their rebellion.

They said the only folks who belonged in Deadshot after dark were the ones who were up to no good.

 

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement