The Fate of The Tearling (The Queen of The Tearling Series 3)


The Fate of The Tearling
By Erika Johansen 

  …I don’t even know where to start this book…It. Is. Insane. Of course…the cover is as great as usual, I especially love how it managed the pages, it’s absolutely beautiful. 
 And I’ve been so anticipated to finish this book…like more than a year? But…after I finish it…part of me will always lost…forever. This story is one of the craziest things I’ve ever read in ages, no exaggeration, this book is crazier than Heartless, crazier than Throne of Glass, crazier than the weirdest book series you’ve ever read. But it is perfect. I love it…and I hope the rumor of the movie will be out as soon as possible!!!!

  In less than a year, Kelsea Glynn has grown from an awkward teenager into a powerful monarch and a visionary leader.
  And as she has come into her own as the Queen of the Tearling, she has transformed her realm. But in her quest to end corruption and restore justice, she has made many enemies - chief among them the evil and feared Red Queen, who ordered the armies of Mortmesne to march against the Tear and crush them.
  To protect her people from such a devastating invasion, Kelsea did the unthinkable - naming the Mace, the trusted head of her personal guards, Regent in her place, she surrendered herself and her magical sapphires to her enemy. But the Mace will not rest until he and his men rescue their sovereign from her prison in Mortmesne.
  So, the endgame has begun and the fate of Queen Kelsea - and the Tearling itself - will be revealed...

  The ending…oh the ending…I almost cried for the entire book. It’s so unique! But I can understand why this book might get a lot of negative review…after all…this is too novel for some readers to bear. The story started with Fetch and Row, but then after that, the book kept switching its narrator. I used to hate that when Kelsea and Lily were the major characters in The Invasion of Tearling, but now, I love it. Katie was first introduce in this book, and she was such a great character! No wonder she became…(cough)
 (No spoiler, please.) Right, so in this book, we ought to know more about Katie, Lily, Willian and Jonathan Tear, and some entire new characters as well. At first, I was like “So what are they going to do with Kelsea? I don’t care about Lily anymore!” Yet the story kept moving on in a great speed, and I can’t help but fell in love with Katie’s story. She reminded me of Kelsea so much, different, but some same qualities. To be honest, The Queen of The Tearling isn’t exactly a YA series, so to some readers, it might be a bit boring and heavy. But…the way Erika Johnsen arranged this series was totally incredible!!! The scene changing, the characters development, and everything you can think of, it’s so crazy. 

  The future cannot be divorced from the past. Trust me, for I would know.
  Kelsea Glynn had changed enormously throughout the series, and some time, you just love her so much, while the other time you’ll like to squish her to death. But one of the parts I love this series is that there are no romance. Not at all…well…it might be a little bit, but not important. 
 And it’s a great thing since we mostly have love story in every single book. It can be hard to believe that without a proper romance, how is the book going to work? But trust me, it did, and very well. Relationship can be consider a minor part in this series, cause besides Andalie’s love for her children, Mace and other Queen’s Guard’s loyalty…and of course, Pen’s love for Kelsea…you can hardly see any affection in this story. But there are some hatred and vengeance. Oh! And by the way…there are no friendship as well. Not at all. Till now, I still don’t believe how the author could build this entire book with mostly loyalty and Kelsea. But she did it, and WoW. 

  “You are meant to fight, my girl. Just be careful. You go to a dangerous place.”
  I still love Aisa, and Father Tyler…and other characters, but if I need to pick out something that I’m not really satisfied…it was that some characters had so little part in this book. But don’t panic. The book is still great and I can understand why the author arranged it like this. Now…the Red Queen. I don’t know how to feel about her now. It’s easy to hate her from the beginning…however, when you read through the series, you’ll understand that she isn’t a problem at all. And in fact, her ending is kind of sad to me…as well as Fetch. Why did everyone became a coward at the end? Not quite…but not far. Especially Fetch, his personality changed so much that my mouth kept in the shape of “O” Whenever I read his story. And Mace and Pen…they deserved better ending…although I’m not quite sure…about this part…since…but my heart ache for them. 
 Mace…till the end, he was still a mystery. No one knew his past, and the author never written about it. But I’m so curious!!!! (Can we have a novella about Mace and Pen and Carlin? I’d love that.) Oh! And Queen…Elyssa. This was totally a twist that you’ll never ever think of. She also played a part in this story. Yes, she was died, don’t be afraid…yet she was not. Confuse? So did I.

  And that’s all I’m going to say…because I can’t express anything else without not spoiling you. But mark my words…you’re either going to be madly in love with this book or you’re goanna hate it, especially the ending. Personally, I love it, the ending might be unusual and cruel for some happily ever after lovers, but this is real life, and I think it’s a perfect choice for this series. It’s a book of depress, of lost hope…and reborn. All hail Queen Caitlyn…Kelsea was the savior of Tearling…but Caitlyn reborn Tearling.  

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement