The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die Series 2)

The Wicked Will Rise
By Danielle Paige

  There’s a new girl from Kansas in OZ…

  And she has a mission:

  FIND Dorothy.

  DESTROY the road of Yellow Brick.

  SAVE her home.

  THE WICKED WILL RISE.

  This book, this book!!!!!!! It’s brilliant!!!!! I haven’t expected this book to be “THAT” GOOD!!!! Damn! It’s so great!!!!! I love it, especially the last part of the book! I just can’t stop myself from devouring the entire book! That’s so brilliant! It’s ripping my heart out!!! I need Yellow Brick War NOW!!!! (Oh wait…in fact…I stop for a while to read and it takes all of my will to stop myself keep reading!!!) 


  My name is Amy Gumm—
  And I’m the other girl from Kansas.
  After a tornado swept through my trailer park, I ended up in Oz.

  But it wasn’t like the Oz I knew from books and movies. Dorothy had returned, and she was stealing magic from the land. The Wizard was back. Glinda could no longer be called the Good Witch. And the Wicked Witched who were left? They’d joined forces as the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked, and they wanted to recruit me.

  MY MISSION? KILL DOROTHY.

  And when a group of former—possibly still—Wicked Witched tells you to do something, it’s kind of hard to say no. Expect my job as assassin didn’t work out as planned. Dorothy is still alive. The order has vanished. And the home I couldn’t wait to leave behind might be in danger.

  Somehow, across a twisted and divided land, I have to find Nox and the rest of the Order, protect the true ruler of Oz, take Dorothy and her henchmen down—and try to figure out what I’m really doing here. But in a place where the line between and evil shifts with a strong gust of wind, who am I supposed to trust?

  AND WHO IS ACTUALLY WICKED?


  I thought typing the summary will calm me…did it? DEFINITELY NOT!!!! I have so many feelings!!!!! 
 There are so many plot twists and betrayal and mysterious and twist and twist and TWIST!!!!! (I’m a bit…you know…right now.) And I LOVE DARK AMY!!! I love Dark Amy so much!!! In fact…I don’t actually like the first part “that” much, but the ending is just so WOW that I can’t help but forget all the…well…little bit boring part before. I haven’t been expected all that happen. I’ve read the summary of Yellow Brick War and know a bit about how the ending of The Wicked Will Rise will end…but that’s beyond my imagination!!! It’s just simply WOW and fascinating! Even I can’t bare that cliff-hanger. Nope, definitely. It’s a great thing that I bought Yellow Brick War with The Wicked Will Rise, so that I can read it as fast I finished this review. (My entire mind is now screaming for Yellow Brick War!!!! How am I going to wait for the release of The End of Oz???) (I’m still screaming right now. RIGHT NOW!)

  Now, about The Wicked Will Rise. Back to my sense. The fact is…I think it takes too long to narrative. But I do like the part Amy’s battling with the Lion. It’s quite exciting and frenzying. Did I use the word “frenzying?” Wait until you read the last part. 
 And…where are we? Oh yes, the dark Amy. So then, after that…blablabla. She went through a lot, she met someone from the Order. (No, I’m going to spoil you.) She left for some quest over the rainbow. (Wait, did I say somewhere over the rainbow? I think it’s a brilliant idea of retelling!!! I don’t know if there’s any relation with the song and the book, well…I just start learning analyzing anything in Literature. Everything is possible. But…I think if it is, it’s brilliant. Why didn’t I think about it sooner?) Oh wait! In fact, all the interesting stuff started at “Somewhere over the rainbow!” The great part starts here. The twists, the betrayal. I know, you’ve probably heard me mentioning “betrayal” in every book, and it’s also a common thing to become dark in YA. That’s the rule, right? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CHANGE THE RULES? 
 I’M SICK OF IT! 
 But, will…perhaps The Wicked Will Rise is an exception. As much as I hope for something else, it’s quit an interesting way that Danielle Paige associate everything. I’ve think of betrayal already, like who doesn’t? You can’t trust anyone, right? But then, I originally think it’ll be one of members of the Order, or even best (or worst), Nox. But Ha! None of them did!!! (Maybe not yet, but…) It’s one of the least expecting people. Well, perhaps a little prediction? But I honestly never think of the possibility, ever. Not just that “that person” betrays them, it’s the way. It’s like…so stupid! But unlikely useful!!! And that, even I hate betrayal, can’t deny that the betrayal open the greatness of this book.

  So after all the “somewhere over the rainbow” and “that betrayal,” the book comes into a really, really, pretty fast pace. It’s like breathing while after a harsh exercise. You keep reading, reminding yourselves to breathe and keep reading. 
 
 Oh! Did I mention? You’re going to get one of the BEST SCHEME EVER In the almost ending of this book. I’m just like “WHAT?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN! HE IS SUCH A JERK!” And then, suddenly “What’s going on? Wait, what? Where is he?” 
 Yes, Oh My God. Please, someone save me from the trap of Oz, I’m trapping right inside it and I don’t even want to get out. No matter how horrible it is. By the way, I love how the book takes Amy. While usually we see those broken heroines in other dystopia, Amy isn’t just broken. She’s stronger. Like…they combine in a strange way, and I love that. (It’ll even be great to see her completely become dark…but that’s not going to happen…right? Otherwise we need “another” girl to save Kansas.)

  So by now, you’ve probably guess how great and wonderful this book is. No, it’s not the perfect word for it. It’s WICKED. 
 
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement