Return to the Isle of the Lost (A Descendant Novel Series 2)

Return to the Isle of the Lost
By Melissa De La Cruz

  Home Sweet Home.
  Oh finally, I’m reading this book. FINALLY!!!!! I’ve waited to read this for ages!!!! But the wait is worth it, because I love Barnes and Noble Exclusive edition. I just love them. They’ve always got some cute little surprise for readers or some extra scenes. LOVE IT. Now…Return to the Isle of the Lost…in fact, it has been a long time since the last time I read The Isle of the Lost. And…I don’t think I get the time to reread it before…I was so busy then and now I’ve got tons of books to read. But, since it’s a Disney novel, I still remember the scenes pretty well and the movie as well!!! Oh wait! I think the sequel movie is about to come out as well!!!! (Just who can tell me how to watch it now since my favorite site being killed!!!! No!!!!!!!!)



  Mal's an expert at intimidating her enemies, but she's broken the habit since leaving her villainous roots behind. So when she and her friends Evie, Carlos, and Jay all receive threatening messages demanding they return home, Mal can't believe it. Sure, she's King Ben's girlfriend now, and she's usually nice to her classmates, but she still didn't think anyone would be silly enough to try to push her around.

  The thing is, it kind of worked. Especially since she and her friends have a sneaking suspicion that their villainous parents are behind the messages. And when Evie looks into her Magic Mirror, what she sees only confirms their fears. Maleficent's just a tiny lizard after her run-in with Mal at Ben's Coronation, but she's the worst villain in the land for a reason. Could she have found a way to escape? Whatever's going on, Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay know they have to sneak back to the Isle and get to the bottom of it.

  Without its infamous leader, the island's even worse than when they left it, but the comforts of home-even a home as gloomy as the Isle of the Lost-can be hard to resist for recently reformed villains. Will the kids be able to beat the evil bubbling at the Isle's wicked core, or will the plot to destroy Auradon succeed?

  Just like the first book, this is a very Disney-like novel. Villains loose, heroes win…oh wait! We have anti-heroes here!!! 
 Do they look cool? They sure do! So…back to Disney style. This is kind of an interesting children book. Yes, it’s definitely a children. Full of adventures and heroes and villains, oh! And magic! What I like about this book is that it’s really fast, like so fast. 
 I really like the idea of combining all of our favorite together, especially we can see more villain children in this book. See the title? “RETURN” to the Isle of the Lost. Besides, I love who the author use talismans to test Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos. It’s like: “Yes, you’re born as a child of villain, but you don’t have to be one, even you hold the power on your hand.” You can really see the four of them grow a lot since the first book and the movie. One of the most ingredients in Disney-related book? Believe in yourselves and see the treasures beside you. Melissa sure did it pretty well.

  However, here comes the part why it’s three stars rather than four. Those tests are just TOO fast. 
 It feels like those troubles are so easy!!! It might takes some as well…please? Like for Evil, she got the first. She just simply have faith in her darkest fear than BOOM! The stuff is hers. Really? I haven’t had enough fun. I think those tests aren’t as good as the first book. At least I saw them panic in The Isle of the Lost. (But I really like the ideas of what their talismans are, it kind of reminds me of Once Upon a Time!!! 
 Yes!!! Season 6 is here!!!) So that’s my main problems with Return to the Isle of the Lost! Oh wait! We don’t have enough sweet time of Mal and Ben!!!! 
They’re such a cute couple!!!! How come we don’t have more of them???? But all in all…this is a fit book for all Disney fan! And you know what’s great about this book? Ican’t wait for Descendant 2 to come out after reading this!!!
P.S. I met a nice seller talking to me about how great this book is at B&N, and it sure is!!!! If you happen to read this post…thank you for recommending me. (Although I plan to read it either way. XD)

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement