Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices Series 3)


 Clockwork Princess
By Cassandra Clare

  THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING

  The final of The Infernal Devices!!!! So many emotions for this book…am I getting more and more emotional??? DEFINITELY NOT!!! I’m so addict to this book that I’ve read the ending three times and cried three times. That’s…Wonderful!!!! And you know what I thought after reading Clockwork Princess? Mortmain is a better villain than Sabastian, or perhaps…was. (But I still like Jonathan more!!!)

  So, THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT PITY.
  THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT REGRET.
  THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT NUMBER.
  THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING.

  I guess so too…The Infernal Devices will never go away from my mind. That ending, that plot twists. If I must choice a favorite author, Cassandra might not be the top choice, but if it’s a best finale author? Cassandra Clare will definitely be my first choice. No other author writes their final books as well as Cassandra Clare. I cry EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. From City of Heavenly Fire, now, Clockwork Princess.

  A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.
  Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.
  As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

  To be honest…I still like Tessa with Will better than Tessa and Jem. You might wonder, “Really? Among all the things to write…Tessa and Will is the first thing you come in mind?” the answer is YES!!!! Come on! The love triangle between them is really important!!! Especially is one of the few love triangles I cared. (The other is Lia, Rafe, and Kaden from Remnant Chronicles of course, and I get a satisfying ending. Will I get one at Clockwork Princess? Let’s see!)  

  The warmth of your hospitality leaves something to be desired.

  First, let’s take a look at Mortmain. Why did I say he was a better villain? I think his schemes and planning were much better than Jonathan’s. He had been behind so many things, but he still managed them pretty well! When I was reading Clockwork Princess, it’s the first time I felt The Silent Brother useless. I’m not kidding, useless. 
 
The part that they were WOW is when they stood by the Shadowhunters and fight. I know…they WERE Shadowhunters once before! But they must have somewhere else useful! I’m not here to read them fighting like any other ordinary Shadowhunters. (Don’t fight, I know why they fought and I appreciate. But I simply want MORE.) And back to Mortmain, why does that make him a better villain? He makes his enemies useless! That’s a great scheme!!! Especially for a mundane. But how come I still like Jonathan/Sebastian better? Well…he’s hotter?  

  There are all sorts of ways to be rescued.

  Now, turn to Tessa. I still don’t understand how can she love both Jem and Will…but I don’t mind it at all! however, I do like Tessa and Will much more than Tessa and Jem. Why you might ask? Well…I can see the connection between Tessa and Will, but for Jem and Tessa? I don’t. Will and Tessa are alike: they have the same thought, same interests, same hobbies…but not Tessa and Jem. Do I hate that? Not exactly. Tessa and Jem feels more like close friends. They comfort each other when they needed, and support each other. But love between them? I don’t see any sparkle. So I guess…you can simply love both of them, Tessa. 
 
More about Tessa, she has definitely a strong will. But is she as attractive as Clary? Nope. They’re not exactly the same. Clary might be more…warrior, will Tessa might be more like a Scholar. No, Tessa isn’t a Scholar, but Tessa’s advantages are definitely not fighting, even she did have some training. But is Tessa great? Without any doubt. She feels…more human than other fictional characters in other YA novels. She seems to be weak, but she’s not. From her spirit you’ll know she’s a strong character, just not the fighting type…that’s why she’s always the damsel in distress.  

  You are not the last dream of my soul.
  You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming.

  Now Will. Unfortunately, he is still not my fictional boyfriend. I know you love him…than take it. He’s not my type. 
 
Of course…NOOO!!! He might not be my fictional boyfriend, but I still love him.
 Will, since the moment he let down his mask, he has everything a girl desires. Charming, humors, handsome, heroic…who can ask for more? Not to mention his mysterious character. And he is the best parabatai everyone can dream of. I think the personality runs in family don’t you think? Will and Jace are so much alike! I might even mistake them! But who do I like more? (Shhhhh!!!!! I’m not telling you!) By the way…imagine both of them speak in British accent.  


  Atque in pepetuum, frater, ave atque vale.
  Forever and ever, my brother, hail and farewell.

  Jem is such a tragic character, but fortunately, Cassandra Clare gives him a quite satisfying ending. He such a sweet heart I believe that no one can hate him at all!!! Oh… However, even he get a not-so-bad ending, the entire plot twists for him is still heartbreaking. VERY heartbreaking. He has such tragic childhood and disease, and yet, his love life is also hard. But this is why we love him, our Jem. Despite all his misery, he’s still the kindest person in the world. You’ll never find another person so gentle and nice.

  I do love the way she manages you, it’s quite entertaining to watch.

  Please forgive me, my dear Mr. Lightwood—I mean Gideon—but I must go and murder the cook. I shall be directly back.

  Oh my god! Cecily is definitely one of the perfect characters created by Cassandra Clare. She is so funny and smart!!! She just literately play both Will and Gabriel on her hands…there is no way both of them are going to escape from her. I can totally see Izzie from her!!! So fearsome and brave and smart. She’s fantastic!!! Another great character by Cassandra Clare? Sophie!!!! I love this character, I just love her. she is a bad-ass servant and deserve to be a Shadowhunter, she is definitely one of them. No matter are there angel blood or not, she is braver than most of the Shadowhunters. I think even you might not like Tessa, Will, and Jem as much as Clary, Jace, and Simon. (Which is fortunate that I don’t have this problem.) You will fall in love with both Cecily and Sophie, they’re definitely one of the best side characters among all.  

  All Lightwood looks the same to me.

  Wait till you see Alec Lightwood, Magnus. Magnus, definitely one of the most important characters among all Shadowhunter world, definitely. (How come he never has much care for Shadowhunters? That’s a lie.) He is so funny and great and caring. And…why don’t he simply tell Alec what happens between him and Will? There’s nothing!!!! But I do like how Magnus cares for Tessa and Will. I don’t really think he care for Jem, if it not for Tessa and Will, but he is a great Warlock. He stands for what he believes and fight for it, that’s admirable.

  And now…the Lightwood!!! The truth is…I can’t find the different between Gabriel and Gideon too. So it’s totally acceptable when Will mistake Gabriel and Gideon in a very, very, very important situation. Gabriel and Gideon might seem to be jerks at first, at least one of them. But they had a great development during Clockwork Princess, and I love that. They are perfect and loyal. (Still…it’ll be a lot better if I can see more differences between them…)  

  Clockwork Princess is without doubt the best final for this series, even it’s so heartbreaking and make me sob all the time.
But…I can see there are other more satisfying ending for the three of them…even one must be sacrificed.

  At last, the wheel comes full circle.  
 
New Cover Edition

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement