Apollyon (The Covenant Series 4)

Apollyon
By Jennifer L. Armentraut

  Fate isn’t something to mess with…and now, neither is Alex.

  Holly daimon…this book is getting better and better and better!!!! You need proof? Here you go—Half-Blood, three stars; Pure and Deity, four stars, and now—Apollyon, five stars!!!! The book is so amazing!!! I love it in every possible way, the plots, the characters…just draw every inch of me. Remember the last scene from Deity? Alex was connected with Seth…her Seth. As you can guess…we’re now having a…well…weird Alex, and I kind of like her in that way. (Strange huh?) But besides that, everything in this book is great!!!

  Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the awakening and being place on the elixir. But love has always been stronger than fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

  The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful god killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.
  Finding their way past the barriers that guard the underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer…or she might become the God Killer herself.

  Believe me…none of the problems mentioned above are their main problem.
 Yes I know! Then what is the main problem? First, Alex being connected with Seth? Problem eventually solve…apparently, and actually it ends quite fast. Imagine something BOOM! Crack! Then she’s Alex again. (Of course I’m kidding! But the progress really didn’t last long.) And how did she break the connection? I really, really love that part. It had something to goes with a rose, and a necklace. I assume you understand by now…but I’ll save the tricky part to yourselves. Problem number two, finding the way to kill the First? Alex figured something to do with the first two Apollyon. And went to the Underground? Well…that…hard…and hot. So hot.
 Hades awaits! Bad? Well…Hades isn’t that bad all the time…I think? There are two things “hot” about the entire underworld-stuff. Hot number one: you know Tartarus is full of fire right? Although they didn’t actually go into their…not yet…but it’s not enough. Hot number two…Alex and Aiden. I’m serious!!!! I believe when every moment might be your last…anything can happen. Speak of that…there is something really fun about them. Remember Marcus hit Aiden for…whatever between Alex and him? He’s really into the “sleeping-separate” issue. And whenever I read that part…I burst into laughter. It’s just so funny by the tone of Marcus!!!

  And of course, more gods appear in this book. you know…among all the books I’ve read…The Covenant Series has the best Apollo. I haven’t read The Trial of Apollo by Rick Riordan yet, but I know that Apollo is definitely different from this Apollo. However…no matter which mythology based books I’ve read…gods…are mostly a threat and…somehow…useless?


Wait…don’t hit me with the lightning bolt!!! And sorry Hades…because your facial expression in Disney movie was too…so I can only post yours. The trust is…Hades is actually a hot guy in Apollyon and Sentinel. All gods and goddess are handsome and beautiful in The Covenant series…or transparent? (Read the book and you’ll know what I’m saying…poor Aiden.) 


  However, among all the happiness in this book…tragic did happen. Not once…but multiple times. Some died too soon and broke everyone’s heart. And I was so sad about the death!!! Somehow…that guy just become better and better…and deserve a better ending. But people died in wars…so…we can only hope for the less…right? It’s fortunate that Jennifer L. Armentraut isn’t G.R.R. Martin.  

Or I guess…everyone will die in the end of the story. Pure, Half-Blood, Gods…everyone. In addition to those tragedy…the one behind all of those massacre also appears in this book…and he did terrible thing. Horrible things to a great length. And of course…Alex will be the one who is hurt, which I totally hate that. but when I was reading that part…I was like…ahhh!!! He is definitely the one behind all of these!!! As it turns out…I’m right!  I’m such a smart girl.

  All right…enough for that. So I really love Apollyon…and I actually devoured it as well. The story is just fast-pace and well written, there isn’t a moment you’ll feel bored. The battle scenes make you thrill, and when there’re none battle scenes, the moments make you swoon and laugh and cry so hard. It has definitely becomes a must-read book. And…do I need to mention again? This series has one of the most gorgeous cover.     

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Read the review of Half-Blood / Pure / Deity / Sentinel here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement