Half-Blood (The Covenant Series 1)

Half-Blood
By Jennifer L. Armentraut

  Could you kill the one you love?
  Well…where to start? Let’s start with the awesome cover!!! I’m so in with this kind of cover! The major reason why I buy this book is because of its cover. It’s so beautiful!!! And the other books have covers as amazing as well. But…to be honest…it take me a long long while to finish this book. When I first read it, I stopped at page 10, then page 50. After that, I started to read The Kiss of Deception, The Siren, and Winter. So recently, I’m run out of book, so I decided to pick it up and read it again. This time…well…look down below and find out!

  The Hematoi descend from the unions of god and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi—Pure-bloods—have godlike power. Children of Hematoi and mortals—well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill Daimons or become servants in the homes of the Pures.
  Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:
  Relationships between Pures and Halfs are forbidden.
  Unfortunately, she’s crushing hard on the totally hot Pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn’t her biggest problem—staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a Daimon, and being hunted by Aiden.
  And that would kind of suck.
  It’s not a bad book, definitely not. But the inner pages and words look so awful!!! My eyes hurt while reading!!! I just enjoy the common kind of script and paper! Yellow doesn’t damage my eye that much. That’s the reason why I pick it up and down again and again. But despite of this…umm…uncommon reason…the book is pretty good! Truly! The only problem is…I find myself reading Vampire Academy. Wait, don’t freak out yet…it’s not exactly what you think. Half-Blood actually a lot earlier than Vampire Academy, so if you’re thinking of copying or something like that…umm…actually…no. Half-Blood is more original, just Vampire Academy is more popular…especially with the movie…although…well…you know, not a successful one.

  What’s interesting, I find Vampire Academy doesn’t appeal to me that much, so I only read two books. However, Half-Blood really seizes my interest. But here is my warning, they are particularly the same story. Really. Every. Bit. Of. Them. I read Vampire Academy a few years ago, so when I was reading this book…I just help but keep popping out the scene in Vampire Academy. The Covenant is similar to the Academy, Alex and Aiden have a lot the same relationship like Rose and Dimitri, Alex’s friendship with Caleb. And the Daimons stuff just pretty close to the Strigoi. Especially the part that Aiden stood between Alex and Kain!!!! It’s so much alike to Rose and Dimitri!!!! They are just identical! Am I reading twins? Or like what? The authors happen to share their mind like what happen in The Host? So hear my advice, you can really just choose one to read…at least for the first book, cause I don’t know what’ll happen in the second! But if I were you…I’ll choose Half-Blood! Because I devoured it within one day, and the plot is amazing. Besides, it’s the original one…and I felt the urge to read the rest of the book. (well…the reason why I didn’t want to read the rest of Vampire Academy series might related to the translation…so…I’m not sure with the English version. It must have been six years since the last time I read this book.)

  The plots come in an extremely fast pace, things happen every single minute. Every. Single. Minute. No exaggerate, really, Alex’s life just full of…wonder. And what I mean not just about the super-hot guy that made her swoon. To me, this book is a mix of Vampire Academy, Percy Jackson, and The Myth Academy series. If you love academy novels plus Greek myth…I’ll totally recommend you to read this book. You’ll have a full time set on academy and training, training, training scene. 

Read the review of Pure / Deity / Apollyon / Sentinel here.


Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement