The Siren

The Siren
By Kiera Cass
  A girl with a secret. The boy of her dreams. An Ocean between them.
I’d waited for an eternity for this.
I’d have waited all over again if I had to.
I was meant to kiss the boy, designed to be held by him.
All the careful postures I held melt away, and I pulled him closer.
We were STARS.
We were Music.
We were Time.
  I’ve longed for this book for so long!!! After I’ve read The Selection Series, I managed to find other books by Kiera Cass, and I found The Siren! But…this book wasn’t available then…it was already out of sell. However, after few months…the book was announced to print again!!! And with a brand new beautiful cover! I love this cover so much! I just love the blue ocean, the dress, and the back cover. It all looks so great together!

  Love is a risk worth taking.
  Years ago, Kahlen was rescued from drowning by the Ocean. To repay her debt, she has served as a Siren ever since, using her voice to lure countless strangers to their deaths. Though a single world from Kahlen can kill, she can’t resist spending her days on land, watching ordinary people and longing for the day when she will be able to speak and laugh and live freely among them again.
  Kahlen is resigned to finishing her sentence in solitude...until she meets Akinli. Handsome, caring, and kind, Akinli is everything Kahlen ever dreamed of. And though she can’t talk to him, they soon forge a connection neither of them can deny…and Kahlen doesn’t want to.
  Failing in love with a human breaks all the Ocean’s rules, and if the Ocean discovers Kahlen’s feeling, she’ll be forced to leave Akinli for good. But foe the first time in a lifetime of following the rules, Kahlen is determined to follow her heart.
  Well…it’s not like the other Siren book I’ve read before. They’re mostly about romance, killing and all the other things. Yet in The Siren…things are quite different. There aren’t many killing and singing parts, nor does it has a lot of romance. Really, there aren’t much of it. It’s definitely not love at first sight, or saving boys from the wreck. Their love came gradually. I’m not quite sure how to express my feeling about this book, it’s not bad…but not as exciting as The Selection. There isn’t love triangle…which is perfect…but the relationship between Kahlen and Akinli seems so little. It’s even a little bit hard to believe that they’re in love. It’s more like destiny…you know? That me count…they actually just spent three to four days together…and…that’s all. Seriously…is that how you feel in love? So soon? But Akinli does have a great personality…without doubt…he’s a kind boy. What we read more is Kahlen’s struggle and her bitterness. Like it spent about have of the story to describe her night mare, her terrified, her tortured…and things like those. Oh! And her siren sisters…their sisterhood…but…I feel nothing about it. And the last one, the Ocean. The book describes the ocean as Her, and she seems like a person…but sometimes…unhuman. It’s quite interesting that a book describe something natural with personality, Kiera gave The Ocean her own thought…and gave the reason why people drown. The plot is good, but a little flat…at least compared to all those book I’ve recently read. So…three and a half stars to The Siren! Oh! And watch the book trailer…it’s great. The music is lovely and sirenly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement