The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles 1)


The Kiss of Decetpion
Mary E. Pearson
A princess must find her place in a reborn world.
  Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale…breath, Vivian, breath…AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t tell you how excellent this book is!!! I love it SOOO much!!!! (Jumping around my room, screaming, dancing…) Oh gash, The Kiss of Deception is perfect!!! Who say that I hate love triangle? Please, take all of them back!!! I finish within a day. I just devoured it as soon as possible, and I stuck on my chair and never moved a single movement. Since the moment I sat on my desk, I couldn’t leave the book. Whenever I went, the book followed. It’s so great!!! I can’t even calm down while I am typing this review!!! Just go and read it!!! Who cares about the “love triangle” part? It has the best romance I’ve ever seen!!! (Breath~ Calm down, Vivian…calm down.) WOW…
  She flees on her wedding day.
  She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor’s secret collection.
  She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.
  The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can’t abide. Like having to marry someone she’s never met to secure a political alliance.
  Fed up and ready for new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deception swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.  

  Oh my god, I love this story! Can someone please deliver The Heart of Betrayal and give me the ARC of The Beautiful Darkness? I need them NOW!!! (Screaming!!!) I love Lia, Rafe and Kaden, and I love how the story was told. To be honest, I’ve already saw a lot reviews of the second books, and with spoilers, no shame guys, no shame. I love spoilers!!! Yeah!!! When I was reading this book, I was like “oh! They’re definitely going to be together!” or “Yes, I know that’ll happen!!!” I love how the book tells the story by giving you songs and testaments, so when you read them, you’ll predict what will happen in the future. And when you guess them right…that feels so great. And from the first moment you see the title, you must understand…that this book is full of deception. No exaggeration, the deception can start from names to career, from title to state. Of course, the reader will know the truth from the beginning, so you won’t have to be nervous about all the mystery. But wait, that doesn’t mean the book is boring, of course not! Otherwise I won’t be frenzied with this book. I regret so much I didn’t pick it up early!!! It had stayed in my to-buy list for ages. Well…and somehow feel relief as well, because I don’t know if I can wait for the sequel to come out for a year!!! (I am now trying every possible way to persuade my mom buying the second book for me!!! I just need that! Oh…it kills me from waiting this book!!!)  

  I love how the Mary E. Pearson narrated the story by mostly Lia, but also added some prince and assassin’s part. I hate lots of POV, it somehow ruin the story if you can’t detect the difference of characters. But when it comes to The Kiss of Deception, you will never feel boring for the Prince and Assassin’s part, they just added something extra for the book!!! They aren’t much, but enough for you to enjoy them. I love it so much! And the descriptions are great! You can feel the detail and the plot open in front of you. I saw not only words when I read this book, but an entire new world, a world I wish to have an adventure with Lia. I hope that someday this book can be adapted to movie!!! And I secretly hope that I can be Lia…wait? (Hash hash…don’t tell. But in fact…I have hair as black as her, a spirit as strong as her…and really, we’re so similar.) 

Lia
  If one can’t be trust in love, one can’t be trust in anything. Some things can’t be forgiven.

  Who say we need to get spoil princesses in novels? We get one extraordinary, wonderful, perfect princess in this book! To seek for love, she escaped from her loveless wedding, which was only something political, something…unbearable. I even wonder, did her parents love her at all? Or just loved her because of “First Daughter of Morrighan”? I love Lia, hum…needless to say, she is definitely a strong heroine. I think that become the stereotype of YA novels, don’t you think? But the truth is…who will want to read a worthless protagonist? The reason I love her so much is that I can find similarity with her. From the words she said, her reaction, and her taste are so similar to me! Some things can’t be forgiven. Really, I can never forgive someone who betrays her/his love. In my opinion, someone can be forgiven of lying, can be tolerated without a sweet tongue…but they can never be forgiven once they two-timing. She cared for her friends and brothers, and she had a kind heart. That’s more important than anything else, don’t you think? Although Lia is strong, she isn’t a bad-ass character in this book…yet. I think so, not until the next book. She just wanted to have a simple, normal life. No privilege, no politic, no responsibility. She wanted to be loved, just that simple. Unfortunately…or fortunately, some guys came to find her. She felt a strong connection with the two strangers from the beginning, and the longer she stayed with them, the more she felt. And a voice kept talking behind her, and sometime, it saved her life. I think many things are still confuse Lia, the book, the voice, the young stranger, the assassin… Yet through the book, things were getting clear. I believe that we’ll get more in the second book. And the plot just getting excellent!

 
Rafe
  I will find you…
  In the farthest corner…
  I will find you…

  I hereby announce—I have a new boyfriend!!! Ah!!! I love him so much!! His is absolutely an adorable character!! I totally ship Rafe and Lia!!! And…In the farthest corner… I will find you… it’s actually a little spoiler, really. But those are the best words to present him! Or perhaps you’ll like “Tread carefully, Orrin. You speak of your future queen.” Oh! Don’t worry, Orrin is just a nobody in this book, sort of. Not really important. But…ah!!! I kept laughing and giggling when I read those words! WOW, definitely wow. All right, time to tell you Rafe’s actual identity, he is a farmer. Do you believe? Lia falls in love with a farmer…whose identity is a deception. Rafe is actually the Prince of Dalbreck. The “papa prince,” according to Lia. He set out his journey to find Lia, and the only reason was that he was angry…because he was jilted. No!!! Well…I think that’s a bit of reason, but what’s more, he was interested in her. Lia had done something that he wouldn’t dare to do—flee…although he really wanted to.
  His original plan was to find Princess Lia, and then…no more. But what he didn’t expect is that Lia really enjoyed her life in Terravin, which was totally unlike a royalty. She was different from the court, and she followed her own ways. That’s what makes him in love with her. However, Rafe couldn’t just jump in front of her and say “I’m the Prince of Dalbreck, and I love you! Let’s go back and fulfill the marriage!” Surly Lia will despise him for that. So…his secret remained silent. But he was kind of confusing at first…although since I was the reader, I can read his POV and understood why he did all those things. As for Lia, she knew there were something between them, but his attitude drew her mad. So, there was an interesting part between them in the book and…ahhh!!!! Really, I just love Rafe so much!!! I hope he’ll have a better future with Lia in the book. (Swoon~) (And perhaps some hot scene?)  

Kaden
  Osa’r e enand vopilito Gaudrella. Shias wei hal…le diamma camman ashea mika e kisav.

  Have no ideas what I am writing? That’s all right, just read the book!!! Something in this review must remain mystery… While Rafe is the Prince, Kaden, on the other hand, is the assassin. He is the most skillful, cold-hearted assassin in his group. But wait…cold hearted? How come he fell in love with Lia? That’s Lia’s charm, see? Our every protagonist has the ability to attract everyone, EVERYONE. Compare to Rafe…Kaden is a bit more…hum…like a stone? I don’t know, he just isn’t as charming as Rafe, and that definitely have nothing to do with their state. I have no day dream for Prince Charming, just Rafe is simply such a great character that you can’t help but fall in love with him. Of course I like Kaden, he is also…well…interesting, attractive perhaps? But you can’t help blame him for putting Venda first. (Wait…why does he remind me of Chaol? No!!! Chaol is supposed to list with Rafe!!! I think that’s because they’re both loyal to the country?) Back to Kaden, he was under the task to assassinate Lia…and by whom…? I think not by her father…at least that’s what I can be sure of. He was tortured between loyalty and love…and…sorry Kaden, but I don’t think you stand a chance to be with Lia. Why is that? Because from the start, we can see Lia has a strong connection with Rafe! How can she deny it? Besides…Venda always comes first, not Lia. So you can’t promise that if Lia’s existence threatens Venda’s survival, Kaden wouldn’t kill her, no matter how much he loves her. So…understand? Although Lia feels something for him, but not…not how she feels for Rafe. Sorry, Kaden…but I sincerely hope that we can find out more of him in Heart of Betrayal…which is said to be full of betrayal…a lot.

  I love this book, and I can’t wait for the others!!! I think it must be one of the best books I’ve read recently. (Better than The Lunar Chronicles!! Well…a bit. Running away…) I was full of expression while I read this book…even I felt like a totally fangirl while I read this book. But I just can’t stop myself!!! The book is excellent!!! So, no matter you’re afraid of love triangle, afraid of horrible romance…don’t worry, this book mixes all of those terrifying stuff wonderfully. You’ll want to read it over and over again…sorry guys, I’m going to re-read it. NOW!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement