The Ranger’s Apprentice: The Royal Ranger (The Ranger’s Apprentice Series 12)


The Ranger’s Apprentice: The Royal Ranger
By John Flanagan
  Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. That’s what happen when I first read the book. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing. How come Will cannot have a happy ending after he had suffered so much from his life? Did he deserve happiness in his life? All sweet things suddenly came to an end…and when he was so young, so many possibilities for them. No!!! I hate this book. I. Hate. The Royal Ranger. I hope that it had never be written. Sobbing. Sobbing. Sobbing.
  After a senseless tragedy destroys his life, Will is obsessed with punishing those responsible - even if it means leaving the Ranger Corps. His worried friends must find a way to stop him taking such a dark path. 
  It is Halt who suggests the solution: Will must take an apprentice. The candidate Halt has in mind surprises everyone - and it's a request Will cannot refuse. 
  Training a rebellious, unwilling apprentice is hard enough. But when a routine mission uncovers a shocking web of crime, Will must decide where his priorities lie - finishing his quest for revenge, or saving innocent lives?

  In this book, all happiness ended with a fire, yet all things started with a fire, too. I mustn’t tell you wait tragedy happened right? And who was the “royal ranger.” But what I can tell you is that this is a historical new page for the ranger crop, which means new possibilities, new people, and new apprentices. To make Will stand up, Halt insist Will to have a new apprentice, who he couldn’t resist, the one who was strongly connected with him…not his child, of course. In addition to save himself, having the one with apprentice was also the asked of friends, which will help them controlled their child. The new apprentice was spoiled, selfish…and the only way to fix all the wrong things was to receive proper training.
  Well…it’s so hard if I wanted to remain all stuffs in silent, so I can’t introduce you who the new apprentice is. Let’s talk about how I feel this book. As you can see from my upper behavior, I simply don’t think this book should exist. But then, on second thought, this series started with Will becoming an apprentice, so it is logically to end with Will having an apprentice…right? The story was still great…but less laughter, since the entire story was concealed by sadness. Still, the touching parts in this story remain, and we can see Will gradually recovered from the tragedy and how the new apprentice improved. So till the end…I decide not to hate it so much, yet I can’t love it either. The only thought in my mind during the entire story is: why did ever author love to kill my favorite characters so much?”
  And at last, the entire series’ reviews are finished! Congratulation to me!!! And …I’m still mourning for the only lost character…R.I.P. to you… (Does that mean I need to have an apprentice too?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement