Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass Seties 2)

Crown of Midnight 
By Sarah J. Maas
  Oh My God! This is my favorite book among the whole series! Wait...NOOOO! I hate this book!!! (Screaming~) I'm being tortured by Crown of Midnight!!! Don't do this to me!!! I want them back!!! Ahhh!!! 
  That's...what happened when I read this book...so be careful if you decide to open it. If you're ready...please read the summary below~ And don't forget that I've warn you before!

  Celaena Sardothien is the king's Champion―yet she is far from loyal to the crown, for the man she serves is bent on evil. But working against her master in secret is no easy task. As Celaena tries to untangle the mysteries buried within the glass castle, she can trust no one, not even her supposed allies Crown Prince Dorian, Captain of the Guard Chaol, and foreign princess Nehemia.
  Then, an unspeakable tragedy shatters Celaena's world. She must decide once and for all where her loyalties lie . . . and whom she will fight for.
  Blablabla...now that Celaena was the King's Champion...she was the hero if all the people...blablabla... All right, she was the hero...but that's definitely not the reason I love this book. What I love this book is...Chaolaena! Yeah! Although a bit sorry for Dorian...but Chaolaena is a perfect match! (If Dorian wasn't tw prince...well...he might be able to be with Celaena...but...) As I mentioned in the first book, the tense between Celaena and Chaol started to change, and since they were both great warrior, they attracted each other! And their conversations are so cute! Especially when Chaol was worried about Celaena~ sigh~ that's why I'm Team Chaol! Yeah!!! Three cheers for Chaol! Captain of the Guard! (That reminds me...when I was reading The Captive Maiden...and when Valten said "Captain of the Guard"...I just couldn't stop smelling~) Besides Chaolaena, Celaena and Nehemia's friendship also grew... They kind of became BFF...since they were the only women with brain in court. On top of that, they both concern for the people, the country.
  In this book, there aren't so much fighting scenes as the first one and more "romance" in the first part of the book, the fighting scenes set in most of Celaena’s task for the king. But at the same time, Sarah J. Maas extends the book, extends the world, we can learn more about what happen to the world, the world with magic and several kingdoms. More characters will appear and more secret will reveal. All of them must find where their loyalty lies and what they were fighting for: life, country, or love. Celaena must learn her past, Dorian needed to find out what's going on with him, and Chaol had to learn to trust Celaena. 
  However...here comes the biggest twist of all time. Sigh...and all was ruined...Chaolaena, Nehemia, and all. That's why I said I started to hate this book and the following series. It is completely unpredictable! That’s what I learn from Sarah J. Maas…never guess the plots until the next book come out…or you’ll be driven insane. Keep those words in mind!!!
(The review below might contain spoiler...you can skip to the last part in order to not to read the spoiler. I must say what I feel about the both of them!)

  In my opinion... (I'm not going to tell you what happen, but express my own thought about them...while reading this might make you figure out what happen between them.) The main problem is that Celaena and Chaol didn't really trust each other enough. Although Celaena kept blaming Chaol for not telling her, and being faithful to the king, she didn't realize that being loyal was what Chaol's entire life was taught. It must take time for Chaol to adjust his own opinion. Besides, Chaol didn't really keep the secret in order to harm, he just didn't realize that this might cause the tense between them. And that their relationship might be ruined... What's more...Celaena herself didn't truly told Chaol everything as well... I think it was alright since everyone has their own space...but she didn't forgive him after the misunderstood was over! What were you exactly afraid of? During the entire process...my main anger was toward Celaena, not Chaol...even some of you might disagree with me...but to me...Celaena was the one to blame...not for the death, but for her attitude. Ahh…Dorian loved Celaena, but he didn’t suit her…since he was the prince of Adarlan…Chaol loved her…but Captain of Guard became a gap between them…it seems that they can’t fully trust each other. But there are always hope for them, right? Since…”I will always choose you.”

  Well well...now that all of my love was destroyed...I'm so worried about the third book! It might kept forward and never turn back, it might have a big twist...thanks to the huge cliffhanger...I hadn't sleep well for a week after I finish this book. And that a when I started to realize that Sarah J. Maas was truly an unpredictable author...when everything seems to turn out perfect...the next moment... Boom! Everything was gone... Now my heart was gone too... (Sobbing hardly...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement