The Twilight Saga: New Moon Book/Movie Review (The Twilight Saga 2)

New Moon
By Stephenie Meyer
  Before I start, I have to tell you something miserable. As you can see, it has been a long time since the last time a post a review. (Not include Destined for Doon, I mean...I post it because it's too great to ignore it. What I meant "long time" is the entire series review.) I was extremely busy preparing for the exam...so from now on, it'll take about one week to post another new review. So sad...but...exam first, right? After all...it'll be my life decision.
  To be honest…this is the last book I’ll choose in all of the series. This book makes me dislike Bella and Edward more. This book just like a passage to the future story, leaving us a horrible love triangle… Why? Because here come Jacob! Oh I know he already appeared, but he became mush more important in this book.

  I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.
  Much more important? He almost became the protagonist in the book! And…since I hated love triangle and neither do I like Jacob, so the reason why I dislike this book is clear. (All right, I admit. I don’t like Edward too…but compared to Jacob…Edward is more handsome. What? Vivian is that your answer?) After all…he saved Bella’s life in Twilight…so… But what I like about this book is –Jane! Yes, I mean the evil little girl that stay beside the Votaries. She’s strong and powerful, although I think she too…bloody sometime. Yet just like what I said, Stephenie is really good at create great supporting roles. Besides Jane, there’s still other high light in this book. Don’t worry! Or I won’t even finish this book. (I believe I only read it once? That’s really rare…cause I re-read most of my books.) Can you guess what kinds of surprise I have here? Something connect with vampire, it’s also superstitions. With full moon and… Oh come on! You should already realize it when I mention “Full Moon.” It’s werewolf! Unlike Harry Potter’s werewolves, the wolves in New Moon are really…Wolves. Nothing special. All right…but only a bit different from those ordinary animals! Werewolves in Twilight Saga are bigger than usual, extremely faster than usual (Apparently, as fast as those vampires.), and…eat more than usual? Haha! But they really eat A LOT. One more, they have something called… It means that your mate is decided without your control…even you love your girlfriend…you’ll happily being forced to be with your mate. Poor ex-girlfriend…being break up by this kind of reason.  
  Never mind, if you like love triangle and crazy leading roles…congratulation, you’ll find many in this book. (Crazy Bella and Crazy Edward…Strange Jacob…killing herself to meet him once more.) But if you don’t…just skip to the Vortories part. (Or you can comment under so I can tell you the spoiler…then you can move directly to the third book.) As you can see…I’ll only give 1.5 stars to the book. One for Jane and the other 0.5 for the beautiful book cover.


Movie
Directed by: Chris Weitz
Starring: Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner
  Will anyone like movie when they don’t like the book so much? Of course not! The horrible story won’t change after all! But still…there’s still some moment that is funny. There’s a scene that Alice forced Bella to her birthday party. (Why would anyone need to “Force” somebody to the party that was meant to hold for her? I never have a birthday party…so…I would love to have one. But Bella just…) Back to the story, Jasper used some trick to change Bella’s mind. 
“Jasper, it’s not fair to control other’s mind.” (Something likes that…)
“Sorry Bella. Happy- never mind.” (And Jasper left.)
Why is this funny? Just look at Jasper’s face…I laugh ever time when I recall that. And then…
Edward said: “Never trust a vampire…trust me.”
Isn’t that funny? This is one of my favorite parts in all of the movies. Although I don’t like New Moon, the part is definitely my top ten scenes among the five movies. Their humors just make me burst into laughter whenever I heard “Trust me.” And two more part in this movie I like: werewolves and Jane. (Easy to guess hum?) Werewolves in New Moon just look so soft! (Like a big dog…make me want to pet them.) And Jane? I fell in love with Dakota Fanning. She acts so well as Jane!!! That’s the real reason why I love her so much! I was so anticipated to watch Jane in every movie! Her brutal, her coolness, and her beauty just match well together.   
  There’s no more to say about this movie, I believe I don’t have to repeat that Stephenie Meyer’s movie is well followed and organized. But since this is far from my favorite book adaption movie…sorry, you’re out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement