The Host Book+Movie Review


The Host
By Stephenie Meyer
  Sorry guys...I planned to finish all of Rick Riordan's books at first...but apparently, I got tired after Percy Jackson Series and The Heroes of Olympus Series. So, in order to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Twilight, let's talk about Stephenie Meyer! Oh! What? You say the title is The Host? Haha! That's because I love The Host too much! I decide to start with The Host although it's less popular if you compare to Twilight Saga. (But a lot better!) Why do I love The Host so much? Curious? Than check out the review!

  Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
  As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.
  A sci-fi love story!!! Don't worry, this book is not a love triangle even though the summary only appeared Melanie, Wanderer, and Jared. But actually...the person that they both love is...Jamie!!! (What?! A love rectangle? Of course not!) Jamie is Melanie's little brother! And besides, the man Wanderer love is Ian!!! (If Jared is 100 times better than Edward, than Ian is 10000 times hotter, better than Edward!) I personally love Ian so much! Hes kind and handsome, even he treated Wanderer really horrible at first, (When I mean horriblemean killing her) he gradually learn the souls worlds. How they live and what are they thinking, and all of this thanks to Wanderer. Despite the fact that he tried to kill wanderer before, hes the kindest man among all the stories. (Everyone makes mistakeso I forgive you.) 
  In The Host, we no longer have to read how hot the guys are or how wonderful they are. Instead, what we admire Melanie and Wanda (Wanderer) is because their courage, their kindness. Their attitude toward the people they love and how they gradually gain respect from others. Unlike Twilight, we don't have to read how much the girl loves the boy, we can simply inform by their interaction. Melanie and Jared, Wanderer and Ian love each other not because their appearance, but the person inside them. You can realize that especially from Ian. Reader who read Twilight will remember how Bella usually focused on how handsome Edward was, and she simply lost herself just for Edward's left in New Moon. Come on! This is 21 century! Who need boys or worse, lose ourselves because boys? Girls have to be tough! Thank goodness, Stephenie created two strong heroines in The Host. Who love their man, but much more than swooning for them. They put things into action and they protect themselves. The Host is a romantic book but also a book full of adventure. It reveals the good and bad side of human...or soul. And more, the universe is much larger than we know. (Ah! I know it's a fiction novel, but who knows? Perhaps after hundreds of year will find that the world in The Host truly exists! ) I don't like love stories, but I enjoy a great relationship in books.


The Host Movie

Directed by: Andrew Niccol
Starring: Saoirse Ronan, Jake Abel, Max Irons, Diane Kruger
  The movieAhh! Apparently, its not as popular as Twilight. But in my mindits better! As usual, we dont have to worry about Stephenies movie too different from the original book, and The Host has no exception. Since the author herself participated in the process, I believe its hard to change the plots too much. Perhaps some might say theres a bit different from the book, like missing one or two characters, come scenes changeand so on. But I think its acceptable to change some of the parts from the book as long as it follows the story line. Since I was preparing for my high school entrance exam, it took me a year after the movie release to watch it. I watch the movie first, then read the book immediately. Sometime watch the adaption movie first may spoil the book or have different thought about it, but theres no need to worry, The Host doesnt include in those kinds of books and movies. Instead, after watching the movie, I was so moved that I rushed into my room and stared to read. I cried every time I watch Wanda and Ian was forced to separate, and when I read the booklets say my room was all wet. Just look how great the movie was! The scenes in the movie were beautiful and lovely, and I especially love the part that souls get inside or out. I even made a project on The Hostoriginal movie soundtrack in high school! I love the music! It makes the movie more necessary to watch. Without the music, the movie will be nothing, just a group of beautiful and handsome actors. What did you say? Handsome? Beautiful? Thats right! Another reason I love The Host more than Twilight is because the actors. Just look at Saoirse Ronan, she plays every emotion so well! Since she was playing two different personalities, two extremely different people. Her every expression was right for Wanda, and showed the inside part of Melanie. (Remember Kristen Stewart? She only got ONE facial expression. Happy, angry, sadare all the same.) As for the male leading role: Jared and Ian. Oh my god! I already know Max Iron in the red riding hood, (Starring Amanda Seyfreid) so I know hes a handsome and talented actor. Even Jared isnt my favorite characters in The Host, I still enjoy watching his interaction with Melanie. And Ian, played by Jake Able. He is amazing!!!! Its so sad that hes married (What are you thinking Vivian! XDD) I fell in love with Ian because of Jake Able. And ashamedly admit…I watched the second movie of Percy Jackson because of him. He played the part that Ian first hated Wanda then slowly respected her, and at last, fell in love with her really well. His every move was made for Ian. Both Max Iron and Jake Able are 1000000000000 times better than Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. (Sorry team Edward and Jacob, but thats what I think after I watch The Host. Edward is just an over-protected idiot, and Jacob is just a love sickd boy. The only moment I think Robert Pattinson handsome is in Twilight, unfortunately, all of that ruined during New Moon and others.)
Ignore the actors and plots, youll love this movie if youre a fan of Stephenie Meyers books. Enjoyed the beautiful, enchanting scene in The Host and prepared to swoon for the hot guys in it! The movie is as great as the book! (Even some of you dont like itor the critic isnt good.) dont miss the chance of watching it! Or youll regret someday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement