Percy Jackson: The Greek God


Greek Gods
By Rick Riordan
  Percy is writing books?! Doesn't he has dyslexia? I think this is more of Annabeth's job! But, Percy did a great job! The book is absolutely funny! Percy really does a great sacrifice for writing this book! (I can imagine those gods staring at him…God bless you Percy~ we’ll make sure you have a good funeral if you were killed by the lightning…)
  "A publisher in New York asked me to write down what I know about the Greek gods, and I was like, Can we do this anonymously? Because I don't need the Olympians mad at me again. But if it helps you to know your Greek gods, and survive an encounter with them if they ever show up in your face, then I guess writing all this down will be my good deed for the week." So begins Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, in which the son of Poseidon adds his own magic--and sarcastic asides--to the classics. He explains how the world was created, then gives readers his personal take on a who's who of ancients, from Apollo to Zeus. Percy does not hold back. "If you like horror shows, blood baths, lying, stealing, backstabbing, and cannibalism, then read on, because it definitely was a Golden Age for all that." Dramatic full-color illustrations throughout by Caldecott Honoree John Rocco make this volume--a must for home, library, and classroom shelves--as stunning as it is entertaining.
  We all know this book is about Greek God and Goddess, but the way Rick Riordan described was WOW! As I said before, I've read few books about Greek Mythology. They're great, full of information, and make me fell in love with the world long time ago. But when I read them… they’re like school books, like reading research. If you don’t have passion on it, you’ll easily fell boring with them, not to mention read them books after books. On the other hand, reading Rick Riordan’s Greek God reminds me how “Human” those gods are… (But with super power~) The stories contain a lot of Percy opinions, “A LOT”. Unlike the previous books a read, Greek God is suitable for everyone, even you don’t like Greek mythology, you’ll find yourselves indulged in Percy’s opinion. As for the first time I read it, I have problems to change myself from the original Greek Mythology to Percy’s version, but then when I read it again…I just enjoy the book! It’s really funny and you won’t miss anything important from the mythology. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement