The Isle of the Lost/Descendants


The Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel 
By Melissa de la Cruz
Evil tree. Bad Apple? 
  We have a Disney fairy tale novel! How could I miss it? I was so excited when I heard there'll be a new Disney original movie, and what's better, it's not happily ever story but a villain story! So it turned out, I ordered the book immediately. At first I thought it'll be a movie novel, but it's actually a prequel of the movie Descendants. 
  Twenty years ago, all the evil villains were banished from the kingdom of Auradon to the Isle of the Lost--a dark and dreary place protected by a force field that makes it impossible for them to leave. Stripped of their magical powers, the villains now live in total isolation, forgotten by the world. 
  Mal learns from her mother, Maleficent, that the key to true darkness, the Dragon's Eye, is located inside her scepter in the forbidden fortress on the far side of the island. The eye is cursed, and whoever retrieves it will be knocked into a deep sleep for a thousand years. But Mal has a plan to capture it. She'll just need a little help from her "friends." In their quest for the Dragon's Eye, these four kids begin to realize that just because you come from an evil family tree, being good ain't so bad.
  So this book... I'll say it's not as good as the movie, but there's more adventure in the book and how they become "friends." It's not a horrible book, but it's lack of something that'll WoW us. Reading The Isle of the Lost just feel like watching a Disney movie, good movie and a lot of things to learn from them, but without those excitement you get from the ordinary novels. On the other hand, although I think it's not as good as the movie, it contains all the Disney villain that we love to hate. (Ursula is my favorite villain of all time! I just love to hate her...) So I guest that kinds of make it better cause unlike all the happily ever novel, it isn't usually to read retelling fairy tale about villain, not to mention their kids! (I wish to see Ursula's children in the sequel of the movie!) so for those who are interested in this book, it'll be a great child book. (...but not as exciting as the YA novel. Apparently)



Descendants
Directed by Kenny Ortega
Starring
Mal : Dove Cameron
Carlos : Cameron Boyce
Jay : Booboo Stewart
Evie: Sofia Carson
Ben : Mitchell Hope

  So I decided to post a movie review along with the Isle of the Lost review. I must say, the movie is much better than the book! The song are awesome and plot is great as well! (If you like Disney movie, you'll love this one. And if you don't, well then...)
  The worlds of villains and heroes collide when the prince of Auradon, Ben, son of Beast and Belle, offers a chance at redemption to Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay, the trouble-making kids of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Cruella de Vil and Jafar. Only time will tell if these teens will follow in the footsteps of their wicked parents! 
  I love how Mal and all the other villain kids turn from enemy to friend, also the relationship expands to the school of Auradon. Disney movies are usually about friendship and kindness. (Have courage, and be kind...WoW I love that^_^) watching this movie reminds me "In the light, there's dark; and in dark, there's light." (Quote from The Mortal Heart? I haven't read the book...still...I love these words). Descendants reveals the true nature of human, even in the "good" world, people aren't all good in every way. Enough of serious topic, the movie is funny too! I remember the scene that Mal needed a tear of sadness, it's really fun to see their reaction. 
  And the last part, songs! (Oh my god I love the songs!). However, the melody is quite similar to High School Musical (also the dancing part) i would like to hear something more different from the songs we already heard before. (Like Camp Rock is different but still great!) So I guest that's the part I don't like it...only a little. I wish to hear something new. Despite that, the movie, the songs are great in every way! 
(Rotten to the core, rotten to the core, rotten to the core, who can ask for more...humming to myself)
Ps. Sofia Carson's version is even better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement