The Captive Maiden (Fairy Tale Romance Series)


The Captive Maiden
By Melanie Dickson
(Fairy Tale Romance Series)

Happily Ever After …
Or Happily Nevermore?
  Oh My God! I was extremely in love with this book!!! My first choice among the whole series is this one, and it's also the book make me in love with Melanie Dickerson's books.  So let's take a look at the beautiful Cinderella adaption story!
  Gisela’s childhood was filled with laughter and visits from nobles such as the duke and his young son. But since her father’s death, each day has been filled with nothing but servitude to her stepmother. So when Gisela learns the duke’s son, Valten—the boy she has daydreamed about for years—is throwing a ball in hopes of finding a wife, she vows to find a way to attend, even if it’s only for a taste of a life she’ll never have. To her surprise, she catches Valten’s eye. Though he is rough around the edges, Gisela finds Valten has completely captured her heart. But other forces are bent on keeping the two from falling further in love, putting Gisela in more danger than she ever imagined.
  This is the forth book of the series ( yeah I read it first, but there'll be no problem if you're afraid of cutting in the middle of the series. ) Like Snow White, I was never a fan of Cinderella ( I love every single Disney movie but both of them make me feel so boring! ) Yet when I read this book, it was just amazing! I was so indulged in the plot and loving every moment of it! The description of the book is just as lovely as the 2015 live-action Cinderella movie. ( I dislike the animation movie, but the live-action movie is so beautiful and romantic! I just hope I own a pair of glass slippers! ) Besides the enchanting scene, Gisela and Valten are my favorite couple! They're so cute! Gisela has a bunch of courage and she wasn't afraid when she faced trouble, she faced with bravely! And Valten...just make me swoon. ( Can I borrow him for a day...or forever?  ) both of them were more modern compare to The Healer's Apprentice and The Merchant's daughter, although there's a lot of God in this book ( just like the second book ). This book mixed romance and adventure ( better than The Fairest Beauty! ) wonderfully, I highly recommend this book! Loving it~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement